RN Charge Nurse
Position Title: Charge Nurse - RN
Department: Skilled Nursing
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Nurses/Director of Nurses
The Charge Nurse is a RN who is responsible for the overall nursing care/service on his/her shift, including the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation and emergency calls, as indicated. We are looking to fill the 6am-2pm, 2-10 shift, 10pm-6am and PRN any shift.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises direct care of residents and CNA personnel on his/her shift.
- Administers direct care as necessary.
- Gives and receives shift reports.
- Rounds twice a shift to assure proper care is rendered in a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps physicians and families aware of changes in resident's condition.
- Assists in developing comprehensive care plans.
- Maintains the self respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all care rendered.
- Responds to resident emergency call system.
- Interfaces with other disciplines to assure continuity of care and services.
- Accompanies physicians when making rounds.
- Encourages restorative care in order to obtain maximum resident independence.
- Participates in family/resident counseling as necessary.
- Assists with the orientation and evaluation of nursing personnel.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Assures proper functioning of equipment and adequate supplies.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
The Morada Temple employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents' wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
RN currently licensed in the State. At least 6 months nursing experience in long term care setting preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
JOB CODE: 1000021