Field Clinical Nurse - Philadelphia - Remote
Join us on a mission to simplify and dignify the aging experience. We are the children, siblings, neighbors, and friends of those navigating the fragmented and confusing system of long-term care. Our team is ferociously curious and relentless in our pursuit of a better system - and we are deeply committed to a sense of belonging for all, in all phases of life.
We're creating a new experience for care seekers and their families, bringing together long-term care options, non-healthcare resources, education, and human support into one place. We work hard, we have fun, we care about each other, and we share the mission. If this sounds like a place where you could thrive, join us!
CareScout is a division of Genworth Financial, Inc, a Fortune 500 provider of products, services and solutions that help families address the financial challenges of aging.
Field Clinical Nurse
This role will cover the Philadelphia region and state of Pennsylvania
The Field Clinical Nurse plays a leading role in the assessment process. We provide services to a variety of clients, mainly in the Long-Term Care Insurance space, all that require your deep knowledge of the long-term care needs of an aging or chronically ill population. You will be part of a remote team of clinicians that spends their days conducting clinical assessments.
This position is responsible for assessing and identifying client needs in the home or a care facility and utilizing the information gathered to determine an appropriate Plan of Care. You will be performing quality assessments on care providers to include Long Term Care facilities and Home Health Agencies. Additionally, you will be completing follow up telephonic or virtual meetings with client, family, or facility care staff to update records on present health status, advise on available local aging resources, and/or provide coaching/educational support.
This position uses your eldercare expertise and excellent communication skills to assure that the company serves our clients with the highest degree of quality, respect, and customer service. The successful candidate must be caring and empathetic with clients and their families.
What you will be doing
- Perform functional and cognitive assessments for clients in their home or care facility.
- Perform quality assessments, virtually and in person, for Providers.
- Coordinate and schedule assessment visits.
- Provide coaching and education to clients and their families.
- Develop Plan of Care for clients.
- Provide community resource recommendations for clients.
- Submit documentation with accuracy, timeliness, and according to policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel to assessment locations as required.
What you bring:
- Active and unencumbered state RN License
- 2-5 years of experience in case management, home care, acute care, and/or a rehabilitation setting preferably with a geriatric population.
- Understanding of single and cumulative medical conditions and their impact on the aging process
- Excellent computer, data input, and technical skills.
- Proficient with workflow management tools and MS Office.
- Positive and professional manner to represent CareScout internally and externally.
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented, and able to complete tasks in time sensitive manner.
- Ability to meet daily standards in both productivity and accuracy.
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a customer service focused attitude.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with clients and families.
- Long Term Care / Insurance industry knowledge
We know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our teams.
Employee Benefits & Well-Being
Genworth employees make a difference in people's lives every day. We're committed to making a difference in our employees' lives.
- Competitive Compensation & Total Rewards Incentives
- Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage
- Multiple 401(k) Savings Plan Options
- Auto Enrollment in Employer-Directed Retirement Account Feature (100% employer-funded!)
- Generous Paid Time Off - Including 12 Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time Off and Paid Family Leave
- Disability, Life, and Long Term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and Training & Certification Support
- Wellness support including gym membership reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program resources (work/life support, financial & legal management)
- Caregiver and Mental Health Support Services