At Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, nursing is a commitment to excellence in patient care and community health. Join our dedicated team in a supportive environment that values your skills and passion for healthcare innovation. Grow professionally in an impactful and meaningful role, contributing to cutting-edge medicine. Be part of a healthcare community that values your expertise. You Belong Here!
Why Work at Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center?
See What the President of the Hospital has to Say
At Howard County General Hospital, we have 11 ORs which are a great fit for the experienced OR RN looking to work for the world-renowned Johns Hopkins family. In our OR's we provide ortho/spine, robotics, and general surgeries.
Shift: 8 hour day shift
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,00 per year
- Student Loan Forgiveness - Up to $5,250 per year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Healthy at Hopkins - Earn up to $1,000 a year while participating in activities to improve your health and wellbeing
- Free - onsite Parking
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) with employer match
- Click here to learn about all of our health and financial benefits:
Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center Benefits Guide
- Associate degree from Accredited Nursing Program required. BSN/MSN matriculation required within 6 months of hire and completion of degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification through AHA, Red Cross, or Military training required
- OR expereince Required
***Effective January 1st. 2022, if hired you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities
***Nurses hired with an Associate's degree in nursing must enroll in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of your start date.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.