Summer 2024 - Water Quality College Intern
What We Need:
Ohio EPA Surface Water Quality Intern
What We Do:
At the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, our primary goal is to protect the environment and public health. We do this by ensuring compliance with federal and state environmental laws.
What We Need YOU To Do:
The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency wants you to be our newest intern in the Division of Surface Water (DSW) at our Northwest District Office (NWDO).
Here, you're not a number. You're an asset.
As an Ohio EPA intern, you will assist the technical staff with routine duties and receive training in all aspects of in-office and in-the-field activities involved in the surface water program. You are going to collect physical, chemical, and biochemical data in stream and/or lake surveys and reconnaissance of survey sites, and you'll assist in the operation, calibration, and performance maintenance on field instruments and maintain instrument record logs and other quality assurance records.
Let's run back those high points:
- Receive training in all aspects of in-office and in-the-field activities involved in the DSW program.
- Collect physical, chemical, and biochemical data in stream and/or lake surveys and reconnaissance of survey sites.
- Assist in the operation, calibration, and performance maintenance on field instruments.
- Maintain instrument record logs and other quality assurance records.
Want to know more? Apply today, and let's talk!
- MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COLLEGE DEGREE PROGRAM DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION OR HAVE RECENTLY GRADUATED WITHIN THE QUARTER/SEMESTER IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE START DATE.
- Major area of study: Environmental Science, Water Resources, Chemistry or Engineering (Environmental, Civil, Chemical).
- Knowledge of safety practices, public relations, Agency policies and procedures and permits as applicable.
- Ability to swim and lift 50 pounds.
- Skills in computers (word processing and database work).
- SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE.
Job Skills: Environmental Services, Customer Focus