BE A PART OF THE ACKERMAN ADVANTAGE!
We welcome candidates interested in both part-time and full-time employment opportunities.
Join the Women's Imaging team at Ackerman Cancer Center, where we emphasize quality over quantity in patient care and position you at the forefront of the latest cutting-edge technology.
Ackerman Breast Clinic is proud to offer comprehensive screening and diagnostic services, including 2D and 3D mammograms, contrast-enhanced mammography, breast biopsies, and ultrasounds. This position is dedicated to providing exceptional breast imaging care, with responsibilities including adhering to diagnostic imaging protocols, interpreting various imaging exams, and performing image-guided biopsies.
If you're passionate about being a part of a team that believes in delivering top-notch care in breast imaging, this opportunity is perfectly tailored for you.
At Ackerman Cancer Center, we believe in a work-life balance, ensuring your personal and professional fulfillment (NO HOLIDAYS, NO CALL OR WEEKEND HOURS). Additionally, we are delighted to offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as voluntary benefits, a 401k retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (PTO).
Essential Job Functions
- Protocol and interpret multimodality radiologic imaging studies including full field digital mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis, contrast-enhanced mammography, breast and non-breast ultrasound exams, computed tomography (CT), as well as breast and non-breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exams.
- Produce timely, clinically relevant and accurate reports for studies interpreted
- Verbally communicate significant or acute radiologic findings to referring physicians to facilitate coordinated and timely patient care
- Establish and maintain FDA MQSA certification for the performance of screening and diagnostic mammography
- Perform image-guided breast and non-breast soft tissue biopsy procedures and post-biopsy radiology-pathology concordance
- Monitor multimodality imaging safety and quality assurance in collaboration with referring physicians, radiologic technologists, and physicists
- BC/BE Diagnostic Radiology experience
- Successful completion of an Accredited Diagnostic Radiology residency
- Successful completion of Fellowship training in Breast Imaging and Intervention
- American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiology certification
- FDA MQSA certification to practice mammography
- Current FL Medical License
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with patients and families
- Demonstrated excellence in image-guided breast biopsy. Ultrasound-guided non-breast FNA and core biopsy skills are also desirable.
- History of providing appropriate interpretation of imaging findings to referring clinicians, patients, and families
- 3-5 years' experience as a Diagnostic Radiology physician in a clinical medical setting
- 3-5 years' experience as a Breast Imaging Radiologist with experience interpreting multimodality breast imaging exams (screening and diagnostic mammography, 3D digital breast tomosynthesis, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI)
- 3-5 years' experience in the performance of multimodality image-guided breast biopsy (including ultrasound-, stereotactic-, and MRI-guided breast biopsy procedures)
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm