We're looking for a Boiler Installer with at least 8,000+ hours of experience to join our team!
Job Location: Post Falls, ID
- Installation: Boiler installers are responsible for installing new boiler systems in residential and commercial settings. This includes understanding and following blueprints, connecting pipes, valves, and controls, and ensuring that the system operates efficiently and safely.
- Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance on existing boiler systems. This involves inspecting and cleaning components, checking for leaks, and testing safety controls. Regular maintenance helps prevent breakdowns and ensures the system's optimal performance.
- Repairs: Diagnose and repair malfunctioning boilers and heating systems. This may involve troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues, replacing faulty components, and ensuring that the system meets safety standards.
- Customer Interaction: Communicate with clients to understand their heating needs, explain the installation or repair process, and provide information on proper system maintenance. Good customer service skills are essential.
- Compliance: Ensure that all installations and repairs comply with relevant safety codes, regulations, and industry standards. This includes obtaining necessary permits and inspections.
- Documentation: Keep detailed records of work performed, including installation specifications, maintenance schedules, and repair reports. Documentation is important for future reference and compliance purposes.
- Training: Stay informed about the latest developments in boiler technology, safety regulations, and industry best practices. Attend training sessions to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required. HVAC 2-year course preferred candidates with vocational or technical training in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Certifications: Preferably a Mech 1 license for Washinton. Idaho HVAC journeyman card. Idaho works with other states for qualifying experience. Some knowledge of traditional HVAC would be an added value.
- Experience: Practical experience in boiler installation, maintenance, and repair is often preferred. On-the-job training will be provided but 8,000 hours of boiler experience is required.
- Technical Skills: Strong technical and mechanical skills are essential. Boiler installers should be familiar with electrical systems, piping, and control systems.
- Physical Fitness: The job may involve lifting heavy equipment and working in confined spaces, so physical fitness is important.
- Attention to Detail: Precision and attention to detail are crucial to ensure the safe and efficient operation of boiler systems.