What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems. Come drink some coffee with us!
What You'll Be Working On
You will initially be focused full-time on conducting in-house repairs. You’ll be spending the first 3-4 weeks getting fully onboarded on the different subsystems and technical components of the machine build. By the start of your second month, you will be able to autonomously work on repairs and rebuilds alongside the rest of the service & manufacturing team. There may be opportunity to travel to customer sites for field service work as well.
This role will be based in the company’s headquarters, located in San Carlos, CA. Some travel to our Belmont, CA warehouse and customer locations within the Bay Area may be required. The hourly pay range for this role is $28.85 - $36.06.
- Repair and rework machines in accordance with safety compliance and quality assurance standards
- Assist with root cause analysis, actively diagnosing problems and working towards repair solutions
- Interact daily with your manager and appropriate members of the product engineering team to receive tasks, communicate feedback and results
- Provide basic technical support to the product engineering team, including explanation and resolution of issues with parts & assemblies
- Assemble new products and prototypes, meeting production deadlines and ensuring quality through testing & documentation
Desired Qualifications ✅
- Ability to assemble, repair, service, test and troubleshoot equipment (specifically, experience with electro-mechanical assemblies)
- Ability to multitask and liaise with engineers
- Ability to effectively manage time and focus on small details for extended periods of time
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Able to assemble prototypes from 3D models and 2D drawings a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks or eDrawings a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diagnostic skills
- Working knowledge of the shop equipment and tools needed for the job
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which may include bending and picking up heavy (≤50 lb) items
Our core values ☕
- We operate with a spirit of generosity. We go the extra mile to act in ways that allow others to experience happiness, success and fulfillment - in big ways and small. We believe acting and communicating openly, honestly and generously is a virtuous cycle.
- We do the work that truly matters. There's so much we can do, and so we ruthlessly focus on the things that allow us to have the most impact. To us, results matter more than hours worked or time spent. We protect our time and are considerate of the time of others so that we can all be at our best in work and life.
- We believe in joining forces. We bring people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives together to accomplish far more than we ever could alone. When we don't know something, we ask. We believe in supporting each other and ultimately hold ourselves accountable to each person that makes up the Brewbird whole - our customers, roasting partners, employees and more.
- We prove bold ambition and integrity can co-exist. We're in it for the long haul. We set big, audacious goals - ones that make our hearts proud - and take the responsibility that comes with them seriously. We're honest with ourselves and others about where we are and what we're working on. We keep on keeping on with persistence and seek to master the art of resilience along the way.
- We cultivate joy, together. For us, coffee is ultimately about feeling good. And, we believe the best things in life are experienced together. We're motivated by genuine human interaction. Work and productivity have their time and important place, yet we're not "nothing but business" kind of people. We believe in bringing people together to celebrate life's moments - big and small.
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a commuter stipend for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.