- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder who has lived within the United States for at least the last 3 years.
- Must be able to pass a U.S. Government background investigation and have a NACI.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of directly related armored vehicle mechanic experience.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training in mechanical or related field is preferred.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of track equipment maintenance programs, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and electronic controls.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams, and schematics, policies, nomenclature, work methods, and other established guidelines.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
- Must have a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity and at least 4 empty pages.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Perform a variety of duties to include battle damage repair on M2 Bradley, M2/M3, M88, M113, Challengers, Leopard, and/or other tracked vehicles.
- General maintenance includes but is not limited to: Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS), general inspections, component repairs and replacement, unscheduled maintenance, and repairs of inbound/outbound vehicles.
- Perform detailed processes and procedures involving the following:
- Diagnosing or troubleshooting source of component and system malfunctions.
- Determining required repairs and parts.
- Completing lubrication orders.
- Handling -10 and-20 level PMCS required maintenance.
- Removing, replacing and repairing sub-assemblies and components such as engines, transmissions, turret, armament system and replacing non-repairable parts.
- Repairing and replacing Fire Suppression System modules, sensors, wiring, and extinguisher bottles.
- Performing maintenance related procedures and processes such as road tests, ground guide operations, adjust and makes emergency repairs to equipment to include placing and maintaining decals on vehicles, checking, and replacing batteries, replacing track, washing, and cleaning interior and exterior of equipment, checking and maintaining fluid levels and fuel.
- Maintaining and accounting for provided and personal tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Regularly inspect track vehicles to identify wear and damage.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks to ensure track vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Lubricate moving parts and clean components.
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues in turrets.
- Conduct thorough troubleshooting to identify the root cause of malfunctions.
- Repair or replace faulty components such as motors, gears, sensors, wiring, and hydraulic systems.
- Ensure proper alignment of track systems to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Calibrate aiming systems to ensure accurate targeting and firing of weapons.
- Use specialized tools and equipment to adjust sensors, optics, and targeting mechanisms.
- Keep detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs performed, and parts replaced.
- Provide records to operators to maintain a database of turret maintenance schedules and historical data.
- Test track vehicles after repairs or maintenance to ensure proper functionality.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines while working on track vehicles.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards related to track vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Collaborate with other mechanics, engineers, and technical staff to solve complex issues.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and team members regarding maintenance status and potential concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Company DescriptionPLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING.
Be advised that you are only required to apply for ONE position. Pick your best employment opportunity and only apply once. If you apply for more than one position, all applications will be deleted and you will not be considered for any open positions.
Ensure you have all the qualities and experience listed in the job description before applying or your resume will be discarded.
If directions are not followed as per above, your resume will be deleted form the system and you will be forced to re-apply following all terms outlined.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING.\r\nBe advised that you are only required to apply for ONE position. Pick your best employment opportunity and only apply once. If you apply for more than one position, all applications will be deleted and you will not be considered for any open positions.\r\nEnsure you have all the qualities and experience listed in the job description before applying or your resume will be discarded.\r\nIf directions are not followed as per above, your resume will be deleted form the system and you will be forced to re-apply following all terms outlined.