Incumbents in this role will provide patient care under their license provided by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and within their experience and training in clinics, physician offices, outpatient and/or other facility settings. They are responsible for performing tasks and procedures that are: within the scope of their educational preparation and knowledge and permitted by the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Application of the nursing process in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating patients and patient care.
- Assisting providers with patient examinations, therapeutic measures, and procedures.
- Monitor and record physiological assessments and measurements.
- Provide treatment to patients per protocols.
- Counseling and providing health teaching to patients and their families; explaining the procedures planned for the patient.
- Providing for and respecting the patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Notifying appropriate persons promptly of unusual reactions and changes in conditions occur.
- Documenting in the EHR all pertinent information appropriately.
- Demonstrating courteous, cooperative, and respectful behavior.
- With the education and/or documented skills, may perform certain treatments/procedures, provided that the institution’s policies and sources in response to emergency situations
- Receiving and transcribing doctor’s order.
- Performance of venipuncture and initiation and/or administration of IV therapy.
- Safeguarding and inventorying equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining appropriate count for controlled medications.
- Ordering supplies and medications as directed.
- Following Universal Precautions and Infection Control Procedures
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Arizona Nursing License
- Current BLS card, ACLS preferred.
- Has knowledge of Electronic Health Care Records and meaningful use.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills