Applegreen - Thomas Edison Travel Plaza - Located in Woodbridge, NJ
Assistant General Manager - Chick fil A
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits! - $22.00/hr
Get Paid as You Earn! Applegreen is excited to offer Paycheck On-Demand delivered by PayActiv Early Wage Access (EWA)
At Applegreen, we believe that our team members are the heart of our success. We offer fantastic career opportunities and a great deal of our promotions are internal. As a company, we are constantly growing our business-but it's our people driving our success!
As an Assistant Manager
You will be ready to help with a variety of duties that include:
- Assists in organizing and overseeing the business and schedules
- Ensures cash management is accurate and processed regularly, reports are delivered as per company policies
- Ensure restaurant standards are consistently improved in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation, and service
- Lead communication meetings with manager and team to ensure all plans are carried out
- Address customer needs and resolves issues, ensuring positive and long-term customer relationships
- Ensures inventory data is correct by performing spot inventory counts and checks
- Ensures that the restaurant always looks clean, inviting, and adheres to brand standards
- Support the Store Manager to achieve Gross Profit Margin, Net Margin and Sales Targets
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What Applegreen requires from you.
- Must have 2+ years' experience in QSR (quick service restaurant) or similar restaurant management operations
- Food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Excellent customer service abilities and positive attitude
- Flexible and open work schedule
- The ability and willingness to bend, twist, and stand to perform regular job functions
- Ability and willingness to lift/push objects weighing over 40 lbs
- Basic food safety understanding and practice
- Proven ability to direct, motivate, and develop others in a fast-paced, friendly, environment
Why join Applegreen? We offer...
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Referral $$ Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Discounted Meals
Established in Ireland in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of gas fillings stations and travel plazas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA. We partner with a large number of high-quality international brands in each market including Starbucks, Burger King, Nathans, Dunkin Donut, Subway, Popeyes, KFC, Shake Shack, 7-Eleven, Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, in addition to our own proprietary Bakewell brand.
In 2021, Applegreen has been awarded a 33-year lease for the design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance of the 27 motorway service areas on the New York State Thruway with the first sites became operational in July. In July 2021 Applegreen also completed the acquisition of 60 travel plazas from HMS Host.
Applegreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Applegreen prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination.