The ERM New Product Senior Manager sits in the Second Line of Defense and supports the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Chief Enterprise Risk Management Officer (CERMO). Plays a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a structured framework for identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks associated with new products and services prior to go-live to ensure the stability and security of our operations. The ERM New Product Senior Manager works closely with the cross-functional teams to develop and implement risk management strategies, policies, and procedures.
Salary Range- $131,050 - $214,600
- Develop, implement, and own a framework for new product and service offerings which integrates risk management considerations across the 8 risk categories throughout the lifecycle of development (ideation, feasibility, go-live, post go-live monitoring).
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of the new product framework including: templates, guidelines, and workflows.
- Proactively engages with key Business Process Owners within the First and Second Line of Defense to understand the new products and pipeline, while bringing together the required stakeholders.
- Prepares reports and communications to the Risk Leadership team and key stakeholders within the risk profile of the new product.
- Analyze impacts to the risk and financial profile of the business and examine the alignment with risk appetite and various strategic objectives.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Consistently adheres to regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to the job as listed and complete required compliance trainings. Accountable to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Education level required: Undergraduate Degree (4 years or equivalent) , Masters Degree preferred in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum experience required: 7+ Years of relevant industry experience in the banking industry, new product development or risk assessment, operational risk management, internal controls or regulatory environment.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory guidelines and risk management strategies related to new products and services.
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships with business lines and key stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to influence people and drive outcomes.
- Curiosity, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to oversee and manage direct reports
- FDIC Examination Policy Requirements: If any of the following criteria are "applicable" to the role, it meets the Consecutive Absence Policy criteria.
NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK, a Division of Flagstar Bank, N.A.
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank, a Division of Flagstar Bank, N.A. (NYCB), services customers throughout Metro New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. NYCB serves customers through over 235 branches featuring a divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it serves.
To learn more about the NYCB visit us atwww.MyNYCB.com.
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals. Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and play. Amazing individuals are all around! Be sure to let them know how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment and selection, and demotion, transfer, training and development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their religious faith.