Continental Resources' Summer Internship Program provides:
- Meaningful, career-specific experiences.
- Hands-on insight into the oil and gas industry.
- Opportunity to be mentored by experienced professionals.
- Networking with fellow Continental interns, as well as interns from other companies and experienced professionals.
- Exposure to various departments within Continental.
- Opportunity to present their summer projects to experienced professionals and members of management.
The Public Relations Intern will provide support relating to public relations, marketing and communication activities within the company. In addition to working on a summer project, the PR intern will also have the opportunity to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide content for internal newsletters
- Develop content for Continental websites
- Assist with social media management
- Assist in company event planning
- Manage corporate giving requests
- Assist with community outreach
- Shoot photographs for internal communications which include newsletters, website, etc.
- Create and edit video content
- Monitor and report on traditional and social media conversations
- Maintain the organization of media archives
- Personal commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong customer service and a proven team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Currently enrolled (or a recent graduate) in an accredited College or University
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or another related field
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong customer focus and a team player;
- Possess good time management skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Professional appearance and demeanor; and
- Eligible to work permanently in the United States upon graduation.
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA