REGIONAL HEALTH EDUCATOR - TOBACCO
Adagio Health Inc is looking to hire a full-time Regional Health Educator - Tobacco for the Southwest Region of Pennsylvania, with headquarters at the Erie, PA office.
WHAT MAKES ADAGIO HEALTH A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Adagio Health offers daylight hours with no nights, weekends, or holidays. We offer affordable healthcare and insurance coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate vesting in Adagio's contribution, and professional development reimbursement.
ABOUT ADAGIO HEALTH INC.
For over 50 years, Adagio Health has provided health, wellness, and nutrition services in Pennsylvania. Today, the organization serves approximately 100,000 patients and clients annually. While women's health is a primary focus for the organization, reproductive health, breast and cervical cancer screening, and preventive health services are also offered to men, teens, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and anyone in need of care in a welcoming, confidential setting. Adagio Health operates 9 medical offices in western Pennsylvania that also address social determinants of health such as food insecurity, behavioral health, and care navigation; manages the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program in 5 Pennsylvania counties; promotes tobacco/vaping prevention and cessation; oversees breast and cervical cancer screening and treatment programs across Pennsylvania; and empowers local communities to address nutritional, reproductive, and behavioral health; positive relationship building; and life skills through an array of clinical and education programs.
- Develops, organizes and facilitates presentation of programs and activities to target populations and institutions in the community that will promote tobacco awareness and cessation.
- Provides nicotine cessation support for patients and clients.
- Supports the development, selection, and distribution of educational materials within the community.
- Assists the Youth Services Coordinator in recruitment and planning of annual tobacco holiday events, regional events, and statewide events.
- Assists with annual youth survey participation throughout the region.
- Supports the Policy Coordinator in writing and implementation of policies for schools, colleges, housing sites, municipalities, boroughs, townships, cities, foundations, and other worksites to transition to nicotine-free.
- Works to ensure cessation services are provided throughout the region. Supports the Cessation Coordinator in regional efforts.
- Works to train medical offices, dentist offices, behavior health care facilities, and others on the PA Free Quitline.
- Participates in regional coalitions to promote collaboration among programming and gain partnerships.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A REGIONAL HEALTH EDUCATOR - TOBACCO
- Bachelor's degree in public health, social work, health education or related field.
- Two years' experience working in community health or related setting.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work with diverse individual and institutional constituencies.
- Must commit to being smoke-free.
- Travel required. Reliable transportation required.
READY TO JOIN OUR NONPROFIT COMMUNITY HEALTH TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job with our nonprofit community health organization, please complete a full application on our company website using the link: https://adagiohealth.isolvedhire.com/jobs/.
Adagio Health strives to create a culture where every employee feels respected and included. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives create better outcomes. We want every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, to have a sense of pride and belonging and a shared commitment to excellence. We make employment decisions based on job related criteria, regardless of age, sex, race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other non-work-related criteria. EEO/M/F/D/V employer.