As our SEC Reporting Manager, you will help ensure that we are well-positioned to meet and maintain the financial reporting and disclosure requirements of a rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a motivated technical accountant who ideally has a Public Accounting or SEC reporting background and likes to research and dig into the rules and regulations around securitization. Are you ready for a change and want to switch from public accounting to a corporate accounting role? Apply today, and join the best-performing public bank in the U.S.
After one year as our SEC Reporting Manager, you will know you were successful if you...
- Coordinate the preparation and review of information included in earnings releases, annual reports on Form 10-K, Proxy Statement, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, and other SEC filings.
- Participate in all aspects of SEC reporting, including the disclosure checklist, data gathering, drafting technical accounting memos, and preparing financial reporting SOX documentation.
- Research and draft new financial disclosure requirements and provide variance analysis for MD&A
- Research accounting issues and new accounting standards.
- Process SEC filings via the Toppan Merrill system
- Assist with EPS calculations.
- Assist with stock-based compensation accounting.
- Work well with a variety of colleagues to support the timely and accurate preparation and review of quarterly SEC filings.
- Provide support for Investor Relations activities.
- Ensure the effectiveness of an internal control environment over SEC financial reporting.
- Support MBIN's process of continuous improvement by looking for ways to improve our efficiency without sacrificing quality.
What we are looking for...
- basic knowledge of the job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires an Accounting or Finance Degree, or equivalent experience and 3-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines and drive projects through to completion.
- Ambitious, team-oriented, and enjoys new challenges.
- SEC Reporting Experience - Preferred
- CPA Certification - Preferred
- Public Accounting Experience - Preferred
- Banking Industry Experience -Preferred
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce's Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.