Ferguson is North America's leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry's most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers' complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
The Territory Safety Manager role provides field leadership and support for leadership and associates in a given territory, reporting to the Regional HSE Director.
Ideally, this position will be based out of one of our locations near Anaheim, Modesto, Sacramento or San Diego and travel throughout the state.
This position will lead all aspects of safety at the Distribution Center. Additionally, this individual will partner with the surrounding branches to establish and maintain safety practices and procedures.
Travel throughout California is required to support other branch locations. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Effectively partner and lead site and regional leaders in safety initiatives, holding leaders accountable for maintaining established standards, also providing influence and guidance on all matters related to health, safety, and environmental issues
- Implement HSE training, programs, and processes in partnership with site and regional leaders
- Train new associates in the organization's safe operating procedures and HSE standards
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA compliance, HSE inspections, and required HSE reports
- Monitor environment to ensure that work areas, tools and equipment meet HSE requirements
- Ensure associates operate powered industrial equipment according to Safe Operating Procedures and Ferguson Safety Policies
- Document all HSE incidents and lead accident investigations, following established reporting and recording requirements
- Manage Safety Committee meetings, publish agendas, email invitations and committee minutes along with coordinating the follow up on any items requiring resolution/attention
- Compile data on location incidents rates, restricted duty, and lost time per SOP
- Supervise injured worker treatment plans
- Connect with worker's comp carrier as needed to ensure cases are managed to completion
- Perform all work in accordance with established HSE standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Plans, implements, leads, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises, branches or at project site
- Provides project teams with guidance on health and safety and confirm projects meet company, local, state and federal guidelines and regulations
- Provide technical support to and consultation to site and regional leadership
- Provide strong leadership to drive a culture of safety, previous work experience leading safety efforts in an industrial multi-site environment
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field plus minimum of 3 years of HSE specific experience
- CSP or another recognized credential is a plus
- Ability to create and train using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and/or Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Possess hazard recognition skills to identify risk and to implement corrective action plans
- Coach, mentor, and correct unsafe behavior in real time
- Ability to work in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Certification in OSHA safety procedures preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional presentation and written skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to get along with individuals professionally and confidently at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter requiring minimal direction
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families-geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
$5,280.30 - $11,495.00
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information