Are you looking for a career with premium benefits?and the potential for growth??? At Trinity Services Group, we have created something?special, a better place to work and grow.? Many?employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up?with a rewarding career.? We provide exceptional?training and a clear career path.
We are proud to be a military and veteran friendly employer.
About This Position
The Food Service Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities associated with running a single site, stand-alone food service operation in a facility with only one kitchen and less than 1,000 inmates/beds. This position oversees the operational and financial responsibilities for the kitchen and supervises an Assistant Food Service Director and/or a team of Food Service Workers and/or Cooks who are involved with the preparation, serving and clean-up of food in a secure correctional facility.
Our ideal Food Service Director excels at the following:
- Passionate about food and service
- Has a solid understanding of food handling regulations
- Desire to always learn more
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Dependable and flexible
- A strong leader and coach
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Perform day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of the Food Service Staff.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment and conform to all local codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving of food.
- Assist in the preparation of meals when necessary.
- Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned.
- Knowledge of local, State, Federal regulations, and survey inspection process.
- This role includes physical demands such as lifting, bending, pushing, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to stand and be on your feet for much of the scheduled shift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Five years of management or supervisory experience in a food service environment.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Knowledge and experience managing and applying kitchen sanitation and safety standards and methods.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical abilities to complete necessary reports
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, and you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant experience is preferred.
Trinity Services Group (TSG) offers comprehensive benefits to all regular-full time employees:
- Medical w/prescription coverage
- Benefit Credit received when enrolled in a TKC medical plan, to help offset your benefit costs. Benefit Credit of $750 annually, will be divided evenly among your paychecks throughout the Plan Year.
- Basic Life and Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits that can be selected to create the right package for you
TSG also understands the importance of work life balance and planning for the future. To help with both of these, employees are eligible for:
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
We now also offer DailyPay providing you immediate access to earned wages.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.