Assistant Manager of Property and Facilities
Ambassador Theatre Group
San Antonio, TX, USA
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Assistant Manager Property and Facilities reports to the Property and Facilities Director and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and maintenance and event operations of the ATG San Antonio venues (Majestic Theatre, Empire Theatre and The Espee)
- Overall knowledge of the building’s HVAC, elevator, MEP operations and maintenance.
- Maintenance of and repairs to doors, carpeting, floor tiles, bar equipment, railings, fixtures & hardware, minor plumbing (including sinks, toilet & shower fixtures, leaks), ejector pump, soap & paper towel dispensers, drywall, grout/calk, and other building-related items
- Oversees and supervise the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Monitor HVAC to ensure desired temperature throughout the venue and handle immediate HVAC issues.
- Apply special attention to patron-facing spaces, such as lobbies and bar spaces, which may require such tasks as sanding, drywall, spackling, and touch-up painting.
- Place project material orders, input & receipt of orders in PO system, handle invoices, and other tasks as needed - Schedule/meet with external vendors to discuss preventative maintenance or extensive repairs.
- Facilitate monthly and annual checks of all life safety equipment as per NFPA requirements.
- Manage housekeeping vendors overall staffing levels and quality of work
- Anticipate building needs and regularly assess facilities for preventative maintenance opportunities.
- Additional short and long-term preventative maintenance, repairs, and capital projects, as directed by venues’ management team.
- Administrative tasks, such as vendor site visit reports, scheduling projects and inspections, maintenance logs, and updating property register.
- Work with Security and I. T Leads for building Security Audits.
- Full Time, flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal office hours
PEOPLE, PLACES, and THINGS
- The position will work across the ATG-San Antonio venues, the Majestic Theatre, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre and The Espee at St. Paul Square.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with ATG San Antonio departments (General Management, Production, Front of House, Ticketing/Box Office, Marketing, Food & Beverage), and outside vendors/partners (CoSa, Landlords, Vendors, Clients).
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Experience and/or strong understanding of working with managed service contracts and outside vendors (Fire Alarm, Elevator, Sprinkler, IT, HVAC) to effectively maintain systems, trouble shoot and meet the venue operational needs in time sensitive circumstances.
- Understanding of work orders, project tracking and budgets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with additional certifications or training.
- Five (5+ ) years in facilities, trade, or similar positions.
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience with Historic Landmarked Buildings preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to multi-task and respond effectively in time sensitive environment.
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail are required.
- Understand and work towards achieving set key performance indicators.
- The physical requirements of the position may include heavy lifting and standing for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to work independently while exercising judgement and initiative.
- 401K, competitive healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- As an international company, ATG offers potential for geographical changes as well as upward mobility within the company