The Building Engineer contributes to the enhancement of property value. This individual is responsible for the maintenance of center structures, furnishings, systems and equipment as well as the clean appearance of the common areas and service corridors. He/She is to maintain the upkeep of the interior, perform maintenance and administrative duties associated with this function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties or special projects may be assigned.
- Properties assigned to each building engineer by the Director of Property Management and the Property Manager
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of each of the assigned properties
- Respond to all tenant emergencies, questions and maintenance
- Building Engineer is on call 24/7 and must be available by company issued cell phone to respond to problems
- Emergency situations must be responded to immediately. If not available the maintenance technician must contact the property manager immediately
- All calls of an urgent nature must be responded to within two (2) hours.
- Building Engineer must have all emergency numbers available at all times
- Building Engineer is required to keep the property manager and/or Director of property management if property manager is absent, appraised of all problems that occur and what was done or needs to be done to rectify the problem
- Meet vendors and contractors hired at each location
- Maintains building
- Minor plumbing, electrical repairs, painting and other maintenance duties
- Assists in periodic supply ordering, prepares requests for good, obtains approvals
- Police all grounds i.e. empty trash receptacles, pick up trash, etc.
- Specific requests from the Property Manager or Director of Property Manager
- Building Engineer must have basic HVAC/mechanical knowledge and be able to troubleshoot tenant comfort calls
- Building Engineer must have basic knowledge of building systems such as Elevator, Fire Life Safety systems, security access systems, electrical and plumbing systems
- Specific requests from the PM, or Director of PM
- Specific projects as assigned to comply with each properties uniqueness
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must work within deadlines
- Must have current drivers license as there is travel to different locations
- Must have understanding of basic maintenance including plumbing and electrical
- Must be able to lift
- Must have people skills as this position deals with tenants, vendors and contractors
- Must be organized
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be and to comprehend and implement instructions
- Must be available 24/7
- Must able to lift
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Travels to different buildings and locations so each work environment will be different.
- Office, Industrial, residential or Retail