We are searching for a skilled and dependable MRI technologist to join our medical team. The MRI technologist will be responsible for operating MRI equipment and creating scans as per the physicians' directions, screening patients and explaining procedures to them, and inspecting and troubleshooting equipment. You should be able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals.
To be successful as an MRI technologist, you should have sound knowledge of human anatomy and MRI safety procedures. Outstanding MRI technologists will be highly analytical and able to explain complex information clearly.
- Analyzing patient histories and completing screenings for pacemakers and injuries where metal objects were involved.
- Preparing and administering contrast dyes.
- Addressing patients’ concerns and ensuring that they are comfortable and calm during scans.
- Performing regular inspections of the MRI equipment and machines, and scheduling maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Positioning the patients and completing MRI scans according to the physicians' specifications.
- Ensuring that the MRI rooms are kept clean, tidy, and safe at all times.
- Carrying out quality assurance procedures and implementing improvements as required.