Associate Director of Brand and Marketing
The Associate Director of Brand and Marketing is responsible for leading the Brand and Marketing team in developing, implementing, and executing strategic brand and marketing campaigns. This involves creating an integrated marketing strategy to attract and retain patients, enhance the brand across the DC metropolitan region, and work collaboratively with other departments to develop materials and campaigns as needed. They are responsible for ensuring all creative assets reflect well on the brand's reputation and drive interest indicators that align with brand standards. They conduct market research to inform business operations, expansion, and audience targeting. Additionally, the Associate Director of Brand and Marketing will grow earned revenue streams to support PPMW programs.
- Develop organization-wide marketing strategies and campaigns to drive patient volume, cultivate donor base, support education programming, and bolster advocacy efforts.
- Direct and lead market research in the DMV area; share results with senior leadership to inform business development and patient access decisions.
- Manage paid media and advertising strategy from campaign creation to execution and results assessment; track and analyze campaign metrics in real time and adjust to increase campaign's success.
- Manage contract and relationship with ad buy agency.
- Create and maintain operational budget for paid brand advertising.
- Strategize and manage search engine marketing by identifying growth opportunities, working with external vendors, and reporting out to appropriate departments.
- Strategize search engine optimization strategies for all organizational websites.
- Participate in Planned Parenthood Federation of America's brand and marketing meetings.
- Orchestrate marketing pushes in conjunction with medical management team operations and needs; serve on medical management team.
- Conduct selection process and contract management with external agencies and vendors as needed.
- Oversee data collection and analysis through Google Analytics.
- Manage PPMW website; supervising creation of new landing pages for launch of new programs and services.
- Hire and onboard full- and part-time marketing associates, seasonal interns, and contractors.
- Lead all aspects of visual identity for PPMW; serve as creative director for in-house and contracted graphic designers.
- Work cross-departmentally to support branding and promotional needs; develop digital and material creative assets for various events, initiatives, promotions, web campaign pages and other digital assets.
- Communicate brand personality and align organization around foundational ideas; maintain PPMW's online brand by curating digital assets to be used across digital channels.
- Ensure proper brand usage on all internal and external communication properties while adhering to both PPMW and PPFA brand book guidelines.
- Supervise management of collateral, inventory levels, and vendor relations.
- Conduct consumer and market research to identify brand position in the local market and assist with tracking and analyzing data to increase audience engagement.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure printed information, including palm cards and one-pagers are up-to-date.
- Conduct yearly brand audits of signage and visual brand of health centers.
- Manage PPMW's e-commerce store, including product research, design, and brand strategy.
- Implement sales and promotional plans across all marketing channels.
- Conduct market research on successful products, slogans, and design in reproductive advocacy spaces to explore new product line launches.
- Create and expand upon community partnerships, investing marketing resources in co-branded materials and digital assets.
- Work closely with the development team on promotion of annual events and end-of-year giving.
- Serve as a liaison for community events.
- Identify and build business-to-business relationships.
- Engage in continuous patient experience evaluation and upgrades.
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, Business, Journalism, Public Relations or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5 - 7 years experience with a variety of brand and marketing disciplines including digital advertising strategy and analysis, social media strategy, creative direction for visual products, branding and sub-branding, external partnerships, and e-commerce.
- Strong project management skills, writing, graphic design sense, interpersonal communication, and management experience will be essential for success in this role.
- Google Analytics experience required.
- CMS management experience required.