CDL Driver/Trainee Residential - Rear Load
Full Job Description
*FULL HEALTH INSURANCE PAID 100% FOR YOU AND YOUR DEPENDENTS*
William L. Reinert Inc. is a subcontractor company within Rumpke Waste Disposal.
Searching for a Class B CDL Driver or someone looking to obtain Class B license (fully paid training provided while you work).
Residential Drivers are responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty rear loading truck and providing superior customer service to assigned routes through the collection and hauling of waste materials to a disposal site. Drivers navigate residential environments, congested roadways, alleyways, and high traffic areas all while ensuring his or her vehicle remains in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as company standards. Residential Drivers are valued as key members of our team who perform our most physically demanding job.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicle, documenting and reporting any mechanical or safety issues.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements, all local, state, and federal laws, and company policies.
- Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
- Safely lifts, loads, and empties trash receptacles into vehicle, leaving area clean of debris
- Replaces trash receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Reports service issues, such as blocked alleyways, over-weight receptacles, safety hazards, or impassable streets to Manager
- Immediately notifies Manager of any accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- No forced overtime but plentiful opportunities available
- Monday through Friday schedule, including holidays (but excluding Christmas Day & New Year’s Day)
- Paid by route completion, not by hours. Many employees get paid for 40 hours but work less than 40 hours per week. Overtime available but not mandatory.
- Early but flexible daily start times. Drivers start anywhere from 3:30am-5am and have a set route each day that will remain the same.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service oriented with desire to meet and exceed expectations.
- Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while maintaining a sense of pride in work.
- Time management skills to ensure duties are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Willingness to adhere to company polices and safety standards.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and perform physical requirements including repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- 19 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Currently hold a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) OR interest in obtaining upon hire
- Currently hold a valid DOT Medical Card or can obtain prior to hire
- Can pass background check
- Able to pass drug test
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
This company is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is the company policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.