Store - BALT-TIMONIUM, MD
Deliver friendly customer service, help customers shop our store, and find what they're looking for. Ensure all customers receive a fast and friendly checkout experience. Complete truck unloading and merchandise duties throughout the store including maintaining store recovery standards to deliver our Brand Promises.
- Help customers shop, locate products, and provide them with solutions
- Provide a fast and friendly checkout experience; execute cash handling to standards
- Engage customers on the benefits of the Rewards program and Private Label Credit Cards and complete enrollments
- Educate customers on the Voice of Customer (VOC) survey
- Assist with Omni channel processes, including Buy Online Pickup in Store (BOPIS) and Ship From Store (SFS)
- Participate in the truck unload, stocking, and planogram (POGs) processes
- Responsible to complete merchandise recovery and maintenance including the merchandise return / go back process and general store recovery to ensure a well-merchandised and in-stock store
- Perform Store In Stock Optimization (SISO) and AD set duties as assigned
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and requirements; execute Company policies and standards
- Interact with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remain positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promote commitment to the organization's vision and values; project a positive image and serve as a role model for other Team Members
- Cross trained in Custom Framing selling and production
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Type of experience the job requires
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Ability to move throughout the store
- Regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching, and stretching
- Lifting heavy boxes and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
- If you need help performing these essential functions of your job, please contact your supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation is available.
- Public retail store setting taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be climate controlled; some outdoor work if assigned to retrieve shopping carts or while unloading trucks; Frame shop contains glass cutter and heat press; work hours include nights, weekends and early mornings
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits (MIKBenefits.com)
CA, CO, CT, WA, RI and select New York cities only - To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CA, CO, CT, WA, RI, and select New York cities only. (MIKBenefits.com)
For nearly 50 years, Michaels has been the destination where Makers get inspired, learn, shop, and create. We strive to cultivate an inclusive shopping environment for all Makers and work environment for all Team Members, providing a place of belonging and empowering everyone to bring their creative dreams to life. At Michaels, every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is passionate about leaving the world a better, more creative place by contributing to every "make".
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).
EEOC Know Your Rights Poster in English
EEOC Know Your Rights Poster in Spanish
EEOC Poster Optimized for Screen Readers
Federal FMLA Poster
Federal EPPAC Poster