252063 - COTA (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant) - Avoca, IA - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare team is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant who will provide Occupational Therapy and related services for patients under the direction of a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of occupational therapy.
Shift Information: Mon-Fri, Days
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the licensed occupational therapist, optimize the functional abilities and skills of patients in facilities by assisting in screening and providing input to initial evaluation of all patients as appropriate
- Provide direct supervision to rehab techs in tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes appropriate utilization of resources and enhances quality of patient in accordance with state practice acts, federal regulations.
- Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities.
- Maintain valid state license (where appropriate). Maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of occupational therapy and the health care environment.
- Understands various relevant payment models related to billing and treatment guidelines, as well as clinically appropriate means/modes of delivery. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Be compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Must be able to travel between facilities during scheduled hours.
- Must be able to work varying hours and shifts, including weekends and holidays. Attends all mandatory meetings, trainings, and assignments as delegated.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Prior to beginning patient care, a peer OT must complete a Competency Checklist.
- Graduate of an ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Basic Internet navigation skills
- Valid Occupational Therapist Assistant state license (where applicable)
- SNF experience highly preferred
- Rehab Optima experience preferred
- Accepting new grads.