- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Youth Counselor will work closely with program staff and classroom Instructors in conducting educational summer programs (STEM, non-STEM, and sports programs) for youth in grades 1-12, at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assistance with registration.
- Classroom activities.
- Walking students to and from other locations.
- Other miscellaneous duties.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Counselors will be required to attend an orientation program.
- Penn State Students are encouraged to apply.
- May require the ability to work in an outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Employment with the University for this job will require successful completion of the Pennsylvania (PA) Publicly Available Clearances: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, and the FBI Criminal History Background Check.
Applicants will be reviewed until all vacancies are filled. Camp counselors are needed for various programs from the middle of June through the end of July.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Policies
Lemont Furnace, PA