ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling, bottling and capping, decorative labeling, flexibles and trays, pharma, handling and sterilizing, labeling and coding, robotics end of line, and systems and integration. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information on ProMach Careers, visit www.ProMachCareers.com.
Modern is a leading provider of cup and tray filling solutions for the food, beverage, and dairy industries, with systems capable of filling everything from dry foods to viscous liquid products into single- and multi-serve packages. Modern designs equipment that incorporates denesting, loading, filling, foil/plastic lid sealing, and overcapping technologies for cups and trays, helping customers automate the entire front end of their packaging process with a single partner. For more than three decades, customers have put their trust in Modern systems to aid in feeding communities in all parts of the world. Modern is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Filling business line, Modern helps our packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every package. Learn more about Modern at www.ModernPackagingInc.com and more about ProMach at www.ProMachBuilt.com.
Modern Packaging is seeking a talented Materials Manager to contribute to the success of the organization. This position has the following responsibilities:
- Overall management of procurement, planning, inventory, and shipping.
- Efficiently organize the stockroom and point-of-use stock locations with all items easily identified.
- Manage the complete prioritization and scheduling of customer orders through manufacturing using lean principles.
- Develop and implement the proper KPIs to enable performance monitoring and continuous improvement. This includes inventory, delivery performance (internal and external), cycle time, warranty, margins, and schedule adherence.
- Qualify new suppliers (quality, delivery time and cost).
- Plan, develop and implement inventory control and job order procedures to optimize the meeting of production and internal/external customer demand.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through an effective cycle count process.
- Manage inventory levels to eliminate stock-out situations.
- Liaise with the engineering team to maintain accuracy of bill of materials.
- Act as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve inquiries, problems and any scheduling issues that may arise.
- Assess and implement ideal shipping methods, routing, or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications, and costs.
- Educate, teach, and provide training and/or resources to maintain the required level of department expertise for business systems and processes such as ERP, inventory, and load verses capacity management.
- Manage department employees to accomplish short term objectives and long-term goals.
- Overall management responsibilities include the hiring, training, work assignment, performance management, and conflict resolution of the Materials Department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of visual management system.
- Responsible for fully supporting the overall company goals and objectives.
- Key participant as an active member on a Lean Transformation Team.
- 5 years of Materials Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years supervisor/manager experience.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, preferably in Supply Chain Management.
- Lean Manufacturing training desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skill.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Word/Excel) with emphasis in spreadsheet development and ERP functionality. Infor/Syteline experience desired.
- Must have strong leadership skills and prior oversight of budgets/P&Ls.
- Must be able to synthesize complex or diverse information and perform fact-based problem solving to identify areas of improvement.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professionals journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify in all states to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 2 year(s): Supervisory
- 5 year(s): Manufacturing
- 5 year(s): Materials Management
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Supervisory Experience
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals