Field Technician (Tom's River and Cherry Hill area)
The Field Technician will be responsible for carrying out various carpentry service orders for commercial properties including painting, installations, performing repairs and renovations as needed. The individual will work at various retail locations throughout New Jersey, parts of Pennsylvania and the five boroughs of New York.
· Perform mostly carpentry, drywall and painting work
· Carry out minor plumbing, electrical and flooring work
· Repair and replace safety hazards and general hardware (doors, windows, appliances)
· Assemble furniture and other equipment
· Perform any laborious tasks as needed aside from the actual task (removing wall fixtures, clearing furniture)
· Ability to work from ladders and lifts
· Own basic hand tools
· Adhere to safety guidelines and state and local codes compliance at all times
· May perform physically demanding tasks like lifting up to 50 pounds or pushing, sliding
· Estimate costs accurately for materials and services based on preliminary diagnosis
· Clear all debris in a clean and professional manner after completing the job
· Visit multiple job sites and send paperwork to office after each job- using Work Order Management software on a computer as well as a mobile device / tablet / smartphone.
· Provide courteous and professional customer service to all clients
· Must be available to be on call at least one weekend per month
· Ability to work odd hours from early morning to late evening Monday-Friday- including weekends and overnight.
· Must have a flexible work schedule to be able to accept work orders on reasonable short notice for emergency repairs
· Follow company policies and procedures at all times
· Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as a professional repairperson required
· Must possess and maintain a valid and clean driver’s license
· English Literacy
· Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
· Working knowledge of carpentry trade, minor plumbing and electrical work and practices
· Knowledge and ability to use basic and power tools and equipment
· Physically capable of moving equipment
· Possess good customer service and communication skills
· Must be able to estimate jobs
· Must adhere to security guidelines at all times
· Basic computer skills
This position is not a supervisory role. This role may be required to mentor and coach other field technicians in similar work capacity.
The Repairperson may work in busy construction sites indoors or outdoors with a variety of other trades and laborers or may spend long hours working alone in cramped space. The Repairperson may work in awkward environments and will have to carry all required equipment and supplies at all times. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, sounds of power tools, dust, and construction sites that may affect health negatively. May have to climb stairs and ladders; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to waist level; must be able to work overhead with hand and power tools; Must wear protective equipment to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; Physical work is a primary part of job. The long periods of standing and kneeling can be tiring. Standing, walking, sitting, driving, climbing, balancing, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crouching, crawling, grasping, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, digging, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with more than 40 hours of work or less than 40 hours of work. This job does not guarantee 40 hours of work each week. Days and hours of work are determined by the volume of workload of the business and client needs. Any overtime work must be approved by the manager.
100% travel is expected for this position. The Repairperson will be expected to travel up to multiple client sites each day to complete work orders and to travel to NJ office on the request of the managers. Consistent travel to NJ, NY, CT, and PA client sites is expected.
Company DescriptionRSM Facility Solutions delivers measurable savings and solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on our timely response to service needs and on keeping our clients updated in real-time fashion through daily communication and customizable reporting. These updates can be provided to multiple business partners at all levels from local management to district, regional and corporate stakeholders. Our goal is to work with each client individually and to tailor our service to meet their unique business needs.
RSM Facility Solutions delivers measurable savings and solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on our timely response to service needs and on keeping our clients updated in real-time fashion through daily communication and customizable reporting. These updates can be provided to multiple business partners at all levels from local management to district, regional and corporate stakeholders. Our goal is to work with each client individually and to tailor our service to meet their unique business needs.