Roll Clamp Driver- $21.98 + $2,000 Signing Bonus! (Night Shift ONLY)
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Elk Grove Village, IL team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Roll Clamp Driver with a pay range of $21.98 to $24.14/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: The person who occupies this position is responsible for the unloading and loading of paperboard material from trucks, staging the rolls through SAP and staging the sheeters with material.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
· Responsible for unloading and loading roll stock material from trucks using roll clamp truck.
· Responsible for taping damaged rolls either from delivery or warehouse damage to prevent harborage point, SQF requirement.
· Responsible for delivering roll stock material to sheeters by use of roll clamp truck and staging of materials (i.e. plastic pallets) by the sheeters.
· Remove sheeted stock from sheeter and double stack in proper lanes.
· Responsible for assisting sheeter operators to ensure continuous run of the sheeter machines. This includes covering for breaks, lunches, etc.
· Maintain proper inventory in SAP used aged inventory first.
· Responsible for general housekeeping of work area including; the collection of all paper and metal waste and cores, banding waste and the appropriate disposal of the collected waste.
· Maintain PIV (Power Industrial Vehicle) certification.
· Bring sheeted stock to pressroom and remove printed loads from pressroom.
· Complete full Roll Bin cycle count, re-bin as necessary this will be done on PM shift once per week.
· Other departmental duties as assigned by management.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Some clamp truck experience required. Forklift and hand truck experience helpful. Knowledge of Sheeting Department equipment helpful
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must speak, read and write in English.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Position associated with walking, standing, handling (removing roll covers), pushing (paperboard rolls), lifting (cores - approx. 50 - 60 lbs.), interacting (communicating with operator).
- Must have physical coordination to operate roll clamp truck.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
· Inside Conditions, extremes of heat and humidity (seasonal), noise (from sheeter machinery and forklifts).
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.