Technical Customer Service Sales Support
Schutz Container System is a Global Packaging Container company searching for a Technical Customer Service Sales Support for our Corporate located in North Branch, NJ.
Technical Sales Support Service - Involves answering customer questions on use of Schuetz products.
- UN / DOT transportation of hazardous materials,
- HDPE and gasket compatibility,
- Valve configurations and pipe connections,
- Venting options for fill port caps,
Technical Service also performs set up of new material numbers, modification of existing material numbers, and generation of customer specification sheets. They are a liaison between sales and manufacturing.
Travel is required to other Schuetz manufacturing plant for customer site visits and also to customer locations for meetings. Presentations may be required so power point and ability to speak in front of groups is needed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Investigating and solving technical problems with product use and handling.
- Setting up new material numbers and modifying existing material numbers.
- Preparing reports, records, and other required documents and paperwork.
- Establishing standards of service for customers.
- Recommending potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Handling complaints, providing appropriate information, solutions, and alternatives, and following up to ensure resolution with the customer.
- Generating customer specification sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform light work that includes moving objects up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand working in an office or a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment.
- Frequent travel required to customer sites and customer meetings.
Work Environment: Most tasks and responsibilities require working in a climate controlled office environment – (exposure to disagreeable conditions typical to a manufacturing plant may be present depending on types of projects). The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, dust, and chemicals. When in the plant Personal Protective Equipment includes but is not limited to: safety footwear, eye, hearing, and hand protection.
This role requires someone to:
- Be a team player.
- Be self-managing/responsible.
- Be flexible and dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Be efficient, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Have a high-energy level and sense of urgency.
- Strong phone contact handling and active listening skills.
- Ability to deal with people - customers, sales managers, and production plants – and exchange accurate information and ideas in an understandable manner.
Experience and Skills:
- Associate or College Degree
- Must have at least 3 years of related technical support work and managerial experience in a high-producing/high-quality manufacturing environment. Plastics manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Background in chemicals and/or mechanics preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency of MS Office PowerPoint, Excel, and Email.
Company DescriptionSchuetz Container Systems is a world-class leader in the manufacturing of industrial containers across multiple business lines. In addition, our sister company, Cardinal Container Systems, reconditions industrial packaging for use in a wide range of commercial applications. A vital part of this process involves the collection and return of used containers that can be reconditioned in our state of the art factories and reused by our diverse customer base.
Schuetz Container Systems is a world-class leader in the manufacturing of industrial containers across multiple business lines. In addition, our sister company, Cardinal Container Systems, reconditions industrial packaging for use in a wide range of commercial applications. A vital part of this process involves the collection and return of used containers that can be reconditioned in our state of the art factories and reused by our diverse customer base.