Residential Wireman or Journeyman Licensed Electrician
Generator Supercenter of Austin is expanding again and looking for Texas Licensed Journeyman or Residential Wireman to assist in the installation of standby power generation equipment and products. We will train the right people to be able to lead crews in the installation and project management of Generator systems and related equipment. We are only looking for Texas Licensed Wireman or Journeymen at this time. Training provided.
Duties and responsibilities
Lead team to install residential and light commercial generators
- Pull wire, bend conduit, install and wire up electrical devices
- Trace wiring and troubleshoot problems
- Assist in load testing generator packages
- Assist in other phases of preparation and setting of power generation equipment and products such as trenching, piping, mechanical components, civil assembly for setting power generation packages
- Read wiring diagrams
- Have a clear understanding of AC/DC WIRING as it pertains to duties
- Perform proper installation of all electrical equipment required to complete fabrication of projects (i.e. brackets, conduit, wiring, end devices, panels and attention to detail.
- Be proficient with measuring and electrical testing equipment
- Promote good welfare among the company family and be a leader in your position
- Perform other duties as assigned
Journeyman/Wireman applicants must be licensed in the State of Texas or ability to be within 30 days.
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must have working knowledge of the above titled position and how it related to the overall business and its’ objectives
Must promote and maintain a clean, neat and safe work environment
Good people skills with ability to communicate well with others
Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Typical hours of operation, Monday – Friday, 7AM – 3PM.
Weekend hours as necessary, some adjustments to starting and quitting time as workload requires.
Physical demands include: Being a leader in Customer Service, Walking, standing, using tools and using telephone. Lift up to 50 lbs. Use hands and arms to reach, touch, handle objects. Frequent talking, hearing, and reading are also required to perform regular job functions.
Vehicle provided, Benefits and annual bonus for all full time employees. We are a tight team and looking for people who want a career and not just a job.
Benefits: Healthshare coverage for all full time employees. Industry training courses provided with Generac including certification. Training provided in this industry to expand your knowledge and skills. Team bonus programs on top of pay.
We want career minded people who want to learn, grow and expand their knowledge in all aspects of electrical and Power Generation equipment. We are a family and looking for the right person who wants more than a job shop. We are a family here at GSC and look forward to adding good people as we continue to expand.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Company DescriptionExceeding Customer Expectations Since 2005
Generator Supercenter is the company for all your generator needs. We provide high-quality models, have factory certified technicians for repairs and maintenance, and offer turnkey installations. We are the number #1 Generac dealer in North America. Our employees have extensive training to provide a professional experience every step of the way.
Exceeding Customer Expectations Since 2005\r\nGenerator Supercenter is the company for all your generator needs. We provide high-quality models, have factory certified technicians for repairs and maintenance, and offer turnkey installations. We are the number #1 Generac dealer in North America. Our employees have extensive training to provide a professional experience every step of the way.