Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Flexible Hours -PT/FT Available
JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!
Hospice of The Western Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.
We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset: OUR EMPLOYEES!
We live our shared core values in everything we do:
COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. STEWARDSHIP.
We have a passion for purpose driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to terminally ill persons in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team in a variety of settings. Coordinate the implementation of the Plan of Care for each patient utilizing the Nursing Process. Schedule: Flexible start/end time, Weekdays and/or Weekends available, PT/FT available, opportunities throughout Northern, Ohio!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible to practice in accordance with HWR clinical standards of practice, policies and procedures
- Assess physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the patient and family/caregivers.
- Provide intermittent skilled nursing services to the patient under the patient's physician's direction.
- Monitor and evaluate pain and symptoms and provide information and assistance to the patient and family to manage those problems.
- Serve as a liaison to the patient's physician(s) when needed; provide information to the physician based on knowledge relating to the patient's needs.
- Provide emotional support to the patient and family/caregiver.
- Refer patients and/or family members to other services when appropriate and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide instruction (health teaching) to the patient and family.
- Maintain and promptly complete all necessary plans and reports related to hospice care.
- Participate in care conferences and bereavement follow-up.
- Participate in case review, quality improvement activities and other meetings as assigned.
- Plan and clinically supervise activities of HNA as related to patient care.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Participate in discharge planning in collaboration with other team members.
- Licensed in State of Ohio
- Experience preferred in hospice care, home health, oncology and/or pain and symptom management.
- Current CPR certification
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record and auto accident insurance at a level acceptable to HWR and/or HWR’s insurer
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification desired. Will be required within first two years of hire.
- Equivalent education/experience may substitute for minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Total Rewards Package to include Retirement, Health, Dental, Vision, voluntary benefits and Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Non-exempt role
- Technology Package
- Protocols in place for wellbeing during COVID-19
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Compliance to Annual Flu Shot Policy or ability to provide exemption documentation
- Provide an active auto insurance policy as a licensed driver in the State of Ohio with the proper level of coverage as directed
- Provide an active driver’s license
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
NOTE: The responsibilities of this position are described above, and they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants who may need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
Careers at Hospice of the Western Reserve
17876 St. Clair Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44111
216.383.2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospice of the Western Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.