Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - CVICU - $31-40 per hour
Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU for a nursing job in San Antonio, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: CVICU
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Shift: Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Methodist Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Cardiovascular ICU position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Methodist Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
CVICU - Methodist
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
o Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Discounted Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
We are seeking Intensive Care Nurses for our Methodist Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Caring for the highest-acuity cardiovascular patients in Bexar County and the surrounding communities.
An award-winning cardiovascular program.
Offering the highest level of specialty care services ranging from the largest heart transplant and ECMO programs to the only aortic center in South and West Texas.
Work in collaboration with highly skilled, ECMO-trained physicians as well as specialty-trained cardiologists, intensive care physicians, and heart failure physicians who are at the forefront of new technologies and the latest medical procedures.
Strong cardiothoracic program led by 7 Cardiothoracic Surgeons including a congenital heart specialist.
A unit-based, CVICU-experienced educator supports our highly specialized cardiovascular unit.
Very successful residency program with additional supportive cardiovascular focused courses to help aid preparation.
Excellent opportunities for nursing growth with our career path progression process to include advanced cardiovascular device training
ECMO Certification recognition to include hourly differential once certification is obtained!
Unit culture that supports a team environment while taking care of the most complex patients with the most current and newest procedures in Central and Southwest Texas.
In this role you will:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate patient care needs
- Carry out physician orders
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients
- Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instruct and educate patients and families.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center
Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio Job ID #1-INFOR-740369. Posted job title: RN Cardiovascular ICU